The Benefits of Purple Moonrock Weed
For recreational users, the benefits of all moonrocks are pretty straightforward – they get you high. But for medical consumers, these products are a lifesaver.
Medical marijuana is legal in over half the U.S., but not every pharmacy in every state cant turn average cannabis buds into a purple moonrock. This is not quite convenient because some symptoms are so intense or persistent that regular buds can’t really help those patients. Given that, it’s no surprise that so many patients have taken an average cannabis flower and upped the ante.
Studies indicate Purple Moonrocks which contains THC may be effective in pain reduction, appetite stimuli, and nausea relief. Depending on the person, too much THC could have the opposite effect, exacerbating their symptoms.
How to Make Purple Moonrocks
Purple moonrocks are potent and easy to make. Just buy Purple Haze, Purple Urkle, Sour Grape, or any other purple strain. Pick up some hash oil and either buy purple kief at a dispensary (if available) or collect it from some of your purple flower.
Hopefully, by now, you’re excited about purple moonrocks – or at least curious enough to try them. Perhaps laws in your state won’t allow you to buy purple moonrocks, either due to product restrictions or cannabis prohibition. But making your own moon rock weed requires very little time or effort, as long as you have the necessary ingredients.
Step 1: Gather Your Kief
Get as much kief as possible, either from your grinder or a licensed dispensary (where available).
Step 2: Add the Hash Oil
This is a step that some people get wrong. Your first instinct might be to dip the nug into the oil; don’t do this! Too much oil will make your nugs hard to light and consequently increases drying time.
Instead, use the dropper to gradually apply the hash oil all around the bud until fully coated.
Step 3: Add Kief
Once everything’s covered, pick up the nug with your tongs and roll it around in the kief until it completely covers the bud.
Repeat this process until you have an adequate supply ready.
Step 4: Dry the Moonrocks
Place the nugs to dry at room temperature on a flat, non-stick surface. The time it takes can vary from hours to days, depending on how much oil you used. That’s why the dropper method is ideal since you can keep the layer thin enough to dry relatively quickly.
If all goes well, you’ll have a delightful new batch of purple moonrocks offering the best taste and smoke compared to dry herb alone.
How to Smoke Purple Moonrocks
Smoking is the only way to consume Purple moonrocks, but the process is slightly different from bud alone.
First, don’t break down the bud with a grinder because the sticky oil will jam it. Meanwhile, you’ll lose a lot of kief. Make sure you use a hash bowl or pipe – ideally glass.
It’s also a good idea to place the moonrock pieces onto a bed of dried flowers. This helps keep the moonrocks lit, as they might struggle to hold a flame alone.
Finally, light up and brace yourself!
- Enjoy Carefully! Purple moonrocks are very strong, especially if you’ve never tried them before. Here are a few ways to make your first moonrock experience – and subsequent ones – memorable in a positive way.
- Drink water. Always have water nearby. Cannabis consumers are painfully aware of dry mouth and how thirsty weed can make you. Water is also helpful to wet your throat if you’re prone to coughing fits.
- Use Moonrocks With someone around. Even the best-established plans can go south. The last thing you want is to get too high or sick with nobody around to keep you sane. Always have someone with you who understands moonrocks and cannabis concentrates.
- Start with small doses and little intakes. If you’ve never tried purple moonrocks, don’t smoke an entire strain straight away. Try a little and verify how you feel first. The good thing about smoking is you’ll know within moments if you’ve had too much.
If you feel dizzy, nauseous, or generally uncomfortable, pull the plug immediately.
- Get Creative. The great thing about purple moonrocks is that they don’t have to follow a strict formula. The three-layered structure allows for different strain combinations. Play around with the ingredients to fine-tune your experience.
Where to Buy Purple Moonrocks
You can buy purple moonrocks online or possibly from dispensaries. Be wary of online “gray market” sources, as the illegal nature and lack of regulation mean you don’t know what you’re getting – especially with hash oil.